Although we are known as primarily locksmiths, we are always here to help you with emergency services, such as flat tire assistance, jump starts, gasoline delivery and, of course, lockouts. During the summer, it is a well-known fact that many cars break down. The summer heat can wreak havoc on many cars, new and old, which can sometimes leave you stranded and helpless on the side of the road.
Just as with all of our locksmithing services, you can still expect the same level of exceptional professionalism and efficiency with our emergency roadside services. You can guarantee our focus is on your safety and satisfaction. You can be assured that Pop-A-Lock Jacksonville – as well as all other Pop-A-Lock locations across the nation – is considered a leading service provider in every major road club in America.
Here are some tips to help you stay safe on the roadside.
If you’re broken down in traffic*:
- Get your car as far away from traffic as possible or onto the shoulder lane, if on a highway/freeway.
- Don’t push the car if you’re alone – it may become uncontrollable.
- Put on your hazard and headlights to increase your car’s visibility.
- Get out of the car – wait away from it, off the road and behind guard rails, if possible.
- If it’s hot out, wait under some shade.
- If in heavy traffic or a dark area, be careful moving around outside the car.
- Make yourself visible in the dark or wait in a well-lit area.
If you’re broken down in an isolated area at night*
- Lock all doors.
- Put hazard and headlights on to increase your car’s visibility.
- Keep your mobile phone handy and switched on.
- Stay in your car until you’re sure roadside assistance has arrived.
- If approached by an unknown person, stay in your vehicle with the doors locked. Keep your window down slightly, but not far enough for anyone to reach in.
- If you’re concerned or frightened by their presence, activate your horn while switching your headlights on and off. Call the police by dialing 9-1-1.
* These tips are intended as a guide only. Other precautions not mentioned may also assist in personal safety. This list may not include every possible precaution required.
Nevertheless, you may be alone with the towing service driver for some time. Ask questions, give names and numbers to a friend and be sure to keep a cell phone on hand, if you are worried about your safety. If possible, keep a friend with you throughout the process. And if you have any questions, please give us a call at 904-354-8566.